On Sunday night, I taught a class at church. I stayed late talking to a couple people. We had turned off all the lights, and were getting ready to leave. I heard the phone ringing. So I went running to get the phone, through a room that I know really, really well. It is one of those places that I have been in so many times in my life that I could tell you exactly where everything is, and totally know my way around it in the dark. So, yeah...I go running through that room.
All of a sudden, mid stride...BAM!!! My freaking nose (and only my nose) hits a door. Now this door has ALWAYS been open. But that night, it was closed because of an event that was going to be happening in another part of the church later in the week. So blood is pouring out of my nose. It started swelling within minutes. The door is one of those pocket doors, that slides into the wall. It had been locked, but my nose (oh, my poor nose) hit it so hard that it threw the door to the outside of the door jamb, where it got stuck. It took the other two people a couple different tools, finally a hammer, and about 5 minutes to fix the door.
So now I am left with a swollen, bruised nose, and some extra dark circles around my eyes. I don't think it is broken, but will have to see how it looks after the swelling goes down. It ain't pretty!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment