Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Lost in Translation

Yesterday I picked my girls up from my sister's house. She told me they had been good all day. They helped her dig up old flowers and plant new flowers. I was hoping to get them to help me out around the house a little when they got home. I decided to stop at the espresso stand on the way home, and get them treats for being so good, secretly hoping they would be so excited about the treats that they would be willing to help me out at home without complaining - hey, I can dream, right?

Camryn went with her usual chocolate peanut butter milkshake. Cailyn asked for a smoothie. They had every type of smoothie imaginable. Knowing that smoothies + children = spills, I opted for the lightest colored smoothie they had. When I handed it back to Cailyn, she asked "What flavor is it?" I said "Pina Colada". She approved, and sipped away on it while I drove home.

A couple minutes later, Camryn said "Cailyn, can I please have a taste of your smoothie?" in her sweet voice that she only uses when trying to win someone over. Cailyn said "Yeah, but be careful - there's pinatas in there!"

No comments:

Post a Comment