Monday, June 1, 2009

A cut above

Last night I was folding laundry. I found a pj shirt with obvious scissor cuts in it. I questioned Cam, and she swore it wasn't her. The conversation went like this:
Me - "Camryn, do you know how this happened?"
Camryn - "No. I have no idea."
Me - "Are you sure?"
Camryn - "It has been so long that I don't even know what happened. Really."
Me - "These look like scissors marks."
Camryn - "Look mom, they are on the inside of the shirt. I don't even know how to cut stuff like that. I am in preschool. I just know how to cut from the edge, like this" (shows me with her fingers scissors cutting in from edge of fabric)
Me - (starting to believe her) "OK. I just wanted to make sure you were telling me the truth."
Camryn - "Mom seriously, I didn't do it. It wasn't - OKAY I DID IT!"
Me - *trying not to let her see I was laughing*

She is really good at lying, until all of a sudden...WHAM...her conscience sets in.

No comments:

Post a Comment