I thought Jeff and I named our daughter Cailyn.
Apparently I was wrong.
Cailyn asks people to call her specific names. It all started with that Dinah episode. And then there was babycakes. And the list has grown.
The current list:
Mom - Babycakes
Auntie Shannon - Buttercup
Grandma Mary - Honey Bunch
Grandma Kelli - Sweety Pie
Andy - Dinah
Nancy - Pink and Purple
Travis - Dinosaur
4th of July she wanted most people to call her Bubba or Hippy, unless you already had a specific name for her.
Auntie Carrie heard she had all of those names, and asked her what she could call her. Cailyn thought for a moment. Carrie said "What do you like?" Cailyn answered "Pineapple?" Carrie laughed and said "What else do you like? What should I call you?" Cailyn put her pointer finger on her chin and thought for another moment, then said "Ol' Pizza Place!?!?" It stuck.
Auntie Carrie - Ol' Pizza Place
And the strange thing is, she can keep them all straight. If anyone calls her the wrong name, she corrects them. If I ever call her Cailyn, she says "No, you call me babycakes!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment