There was a terrible wreck by our house today. We had watched about 10 emergency response vehicles drive up our quiet road, and saw a sheriff's car park at the end of our driveway. We still didn't know what had happened, so Camryn, Cailyn and I walked down to see what was going on. We stayed back quite aways for two reasons. First, I didn't want to interupt the work that was being done by the responders, and second, I didn't want my girls to see anything too scary.
As we walked to the end of the driveway, Camryn was worried if people were hurt. I told her that in times like this, it was our job to pray for everyone involved. We got to the end of the driveway, and could see that people were being loaded into a couple of ambulances.
Camryn bowed her head, and prayed aloud, "Dear God, please help the people not be hurt, and if they are hurt, help them get better, and help them not die, and if they did die, please bring them back to life." So innocent, and yet so aware.
She then asked me to pray, but I didn't know how to say it any better than she already had.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment